Κυριακή 17 Απριλίου 2011

Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover: Patch 1.00.14072 -ARIL 15

OK, I did spend an hour in this patch and feelings are mixed.
First of all I need to make clear that I'm still setting up the controls and actually I still haven't found the way to do a lot of things.

So, I installed the beta patch and ran the game.
It seems that fps are better and there is much less stuttering, but still, when you're over land you feel like having an old pc. And this comes from me that I just spent 1.000 euros for a new pc, for this game!
So, what do we get here? We spend 1.000 euros for a new pc that can play at max settings any other game (including Crysis 2 and all latest major titles) and we can't play Clod over land even though video settings are not maxed out? That's not good. Not good at all.
Nevertheless, I do hope that developers will rush things and soon we'll be able to play it without problems.

Some other remarks:
- Windmills working...nice :)
- How the heck do we understand that we hit the enemy plane? It seems that you don't see the hits.
- I don't know other people's opinion, but although the graphics from within the cockpit are wonderful, when it comes to external views they are so...medium. They almost feel worse than 1946's ones.

What's the best part?
Some may not agree, but the best part to me is that game is difficult. It's not the game that every fps guy will join and think they can be an ace in a couple of weeks. Simply as that, not all of us will become aces and those who will, will become only after a lot of work and many hours online.


This should be the official hoodie for Clod
Getting back to the beta patch, it is an improvement over past, but still not as good as it must be.
For your info: i-2500k, ati hd6850, 6gb ram.

1 σχόλιο:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

I seldom leave a response, but after browsing through a few of
the responses here "Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover: Patch 1.00.14072 -ARIL 15".
I actually do have a couple of questions
for you if it's okay. Could it be only me or do some of these remarks come across like they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on additional sites, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post.
Could you make a list of all of your public sites like your twitter feed,
Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Stop by my webpage - musicos