Τετάρτη 6 Απριλίου 2011

Flying with keyboard

Most probably I'm of the first flight simmers, as I used to play games since first spectrum (when was that, I don't remember anymore!) and then I recall some vector graphs flight sim in Amstrad and so on.


High tech joystick :)

At some point I stopped playing (you know how it goes when you first meet girls) and then I came back when IL-2 was alive.


I was not flying for a good reason!
  On those days I joined a squad and tried to learn how to fly and although in my childhood I used to fly with a joystick, at early IL-2 days I didn't own one.
So, what do you think happened? Some guys in that squad convinced me that I could fly by using the keyboard! And so I spent at least a couple of months of my life for nothing. Or actually there was fun...for those teammates that kept shooting me down like I was a huge zeppelin waiting for enemy bullets to explode :D


I really tried hard to fly with keyboard.

That was when I got my first lesson which was simple: DON'T EVER LISTEN TO IDIOTS WHO TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN FLY WITH KEYBOARD ONLY!

So, if you're new to this game and want to explore more of it, make sure you start with a joystick.
Everything else, even the copy of the game itself comes after this :D

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: